06 Jun 2008 at 6:10 pm
Fong Kee is a traditional Chinese restaurant that specialises in authentic Northern China’s cuisines. Having been there twice so far, these are my 5 recommended must-tries:
1) Hot & Sour Soup. With just the right amount of spicy sourness, this appetizer kick starts your taste buds with a generous portion of added ingredients. Think Chinese-styled Tom Yam soup.
2) Fried Dumplings. Fried to golden brown perfection, simply dip them in vinegar with bits of finely chopped ginger and the dumplings can get rather addictive. Go for steam dumplings if you want something lighter.
3) Deep Fried Gai Lan. Baby gai lan vegetable is shredded to small bits then deep fried. You put one spoonful into your mouth and it melts almost immediately on your tongue. Sounds sinful but so far I can’t find this dish anyway else in Singapore.
4) Stir Fried Shanghai Nian Gao. Yet another rare find, this traditional Chinese dish is less popular among the younger generation and hence not on the me...
- hellfire is not sharing his/her name at this moment.