I am a expat working in Singapore and consider myself somewhat of a fitness junky :-)
Have experience with fitness clubs both back home and cities such as London, Amsterdam, etc.
Now, when I moved to Singapore I signed up for a membership at True Fitness Great World City branch.
Overall, the gym is a good size, properly equiped gym, albeit it is not very clean in the changing rooms and there are towels laying around everywhere. But (because there always is), the staff at the gym are very arrogant and seem to have one goal, and one goal only; to sign up as many customers as they can for personal training. In the beginning this is ok, they are (too) friendly, but very soon it starts annoying the (bleep) out of you.
Now, about a month ago a ran into a (serious) dispute with the club.
- I was initially approached by staff of the club to see if I was interested in personal training. I declined at that time.
- A few weeks later, I initiated contact with one specific personal training myself re. personal training.
- I asked this specific person to train me and paid ~2K SGD for 24 sessions.
- During the 24 sessions, I was asked in a very unpleasant and pushy way by numerous staff if I would be signing up for new sessions
- I stated that I will deal with this directly via my personal trainer, which I did after the 24 sessions, hence extending by another 24 sessions at ~2K SGD
- Now, a week later, I was informed that my personal trainer was ‘fired’
- When I queried as to the reason for his dismissal I received no answer. Through the grape vine I heard this was internal politics and not grounded in his performance / functioning. He had a lot of clients, and seemed to be one of the more ‘popular’ trainers at the branch.
- I made it clear that I specifically chose him as trainer due to some specific fitness ‘issues’ and would want to void my contract and receive my ~2K SGD back.
After making this request, I had one face-to-face meeting with the operational manager whom said she would investigate the possibility. A week later I received a phone call with the statement this was not possible. I re-stated I do not want a new personal trainer, and just want my money back.
It has been a month now, and I have not heard anything from True Fitness. They have not contacted me nor tried to resolve this customer issue. I am very upset about how this company treats its customers, and find it unacceptable. I feel they forced me to extent the personal training contract whilst knowing already very weel he would be ‘fired.’ Based on the reason for his dismissal this is seemingly not a decision you make over night, hence I suspect the company already knew they would ‘fire’ him before I signed the extension.
Overall, good size and equipment, staff very arrongant and unprofessional, and customer service worst I have ever experienced. Would not advice any one to join this branch of True Fitness.
Username (Required for logging in to Yebber)
Email (Required for verification. We will never give out your email.)
Or use your Facebook account to create a new Yebber ID (no Registration form to fill)
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
December's Exchange Rate
Sports & Recreation